Yoga is the life-affirming path of finding our true selves. This process of self-actualization begins with the physical practices (asana, pranayama, meditation), and extends into all areas of our lives.
Yoga means to yoke the two complimentary and sometimes contradictory opposites. All the practices of yoga are designed to bring us into a greater state of harmony between yin and yang, masculine and feminine, body and mind.
I began practicing hot yoga ten years ago and it gave me a sense peace and relief from anxiety and depression like I’d never experienced before. Through much of my life, I’ve also struggled with addiction, and yoga helped me to both manage it so it didn’t completely eat me alive, and eventually overcome my dependency on alcohol. It now provides an incredible base of support I explore more subtle addictions in my life and rebuild my spiritual connection to others, myself and the universe.
My journey into sobriety awakened a deep curiosity to explore the many facets of yoga and how it can lay a powerful foundation for recovering from our traumas and addictive patterns (samskaras) and thrive, no matter what stage of life we are in. I’ve studied Yoga Psychology, Hot Yoga, Yin, Nidra and The Yoga of 12 Step Recovery.
My passion is to help people reclaim their true sense of self, spiritually, physically, emotionally and mentally. While much of modern psychology and therapy can often focus on the past, I love the modalities of life coaching, which instill hope and responsibility for the future.
The core of our work together will be the development of a daily sadna, or personal practice, that you can come to depend on for your foundation and forward trajectory. We will move through the Yoga Wheel of Life and acknowledge where you are thriving and where we can focus our energy to bring greater fulfillment.
Whether you are a yoga teacher or healer looking to grow your business, a women entering retirement who wants to find new outlets to explore and grow, or someone struggling with old patterns and stories that you wish to change and release, my life experiences and deep dedication to helping others will provide the support, accountability and encouragement you need to change your life.
I look forward to working with you. The light in me honors the light in you.
- Yoga Life Coach Certification from NLP Master Trainer Anna Suil
- 200 Yoga Teacher Training at Nosara Yoga Institute
- 300 Advanced Yoga & Psychology Teacher Training with Ashley Turner
- 100 Hour Yoga of 12 Step Recovery Intensive & Leadership Training
- 100 Hour Yoga of Recovery with Durga Leela at Sivananda
- 50 Hour Aryuveda Training with Durga Leela at Sivananda
- Yin Yoga Teacher Training
- Two-Month Marketing Trade at a Yoga Retreat Center, Costa Rica
- Two-Year Small Business Management Course – Central Oregon Community College
- Webmaster, Bikram Yoga Bend
- Yoga MBA
- BA English, Lewis & Clark College
- Post-Bacc in Tourism Marketing, OSU Cascades
- Marketing Director, Tumalo Creek Kayak & Canoe, 2008-2016
- Professional Musician & Performer, 2001 – Present
Free First Session
Book your free 30-minute consultation to see if we're a good fit. I'll send you the Yoga Wheel of Life to prepare for our session.